KX! Basic programme
International volunteers and interns pay a € 150 fee for the basic programme.
This fee includes:
- Provision of information about the available projects and assisting you to make a choice that match your skills, experiences and expectations with those of the project.
- Information meeting in the Netherlands
- Briefing on security and health issues and your project
- Assistance, guidance, support in placement issues
- Organizing the accommodation you prefer
- Opportunities to meet and network with other Kenya Xperience! volunteers and young Kenyan volunteers/KX! staff and to visit other projects
- 24 hours emergency contact with staff from the Kenya Xperience!
- Evaluation of your volunteer experience
- Dutch/English spoken guidance
- KX! volunteer handbook
- A certificate of participation
- A Kenya Xperience! t-shirt
In this arrangement transport from the airport to the project is not included. However we can arrange this for you. It will cost € 50 – 75 euro depending on the distance from the airport to your project.
KX! volunteer introduction programme
If you pay €250 you’ll take part in the “KX! volunteer introduction programme”.
This includes on top of the items in the basic programme:
- Transport from the airport to your project
- Introduction day done by Kenyan youth with cultural lessons and language training, including a “Te Gast in Kenia” booklet.
- Two days accommodation during the culture and language training (excluding meals and drinks)
Not included in the fee is your air ticket, visa, vaccinations, insurance, safaris etc. Volunteers pay for their own accommodation and food. In some projects you can eat lunch at the project. KX! can arrange affordable accommodation in some of the orphanages, guesthouses or hotels. Prices range from 500 shilling (€ 3,50 euro per day to € 11 euro per person per day).