|Sons of Manaseh Children Trust - Kiserian
The Son of Manaseh Children Trust runs several projects.
Sons of Manaseh Children’s Home is located in Kiserian, Kajido North District. In Kiserian Children Home children at risk can stay for a period of less than three years. In this time the home starts the process of reintegration for the children to start living with their relatives or guardians. The home caters for all basic needs of the children There are 24 children staying in the home. Nine children are in secondary boarding schools. They are in Manaseh’s Children’s home during school holidays.
Possibilities for voluntourists and Kenyan volunteers:
• Child care
• Landscaping of the compound
• Teaching English and mathematics after school
Community Centre Kiserian is located at Kiserian town. The program is working with youths and is targeting the most vulnerable youths to help them to get computer skills, do catering, dressmaking, hair dressing, beauty and Early Childhood Development training (ECD).
Possibilities for voluntourists and Kenyan volunteers
• Teaching computer skills, music, games (football and volleyball)
• Sons of Manaseh Children Trust realized that many young kids are not going to school and that there was a high school drop out among youths. Sons of Manaseh Children Trust has started a school: Manaseh Academy where those children are catered for. The kids are given education and food in school. The kids come to school in the morning and stay with their guardians in the afternoon and evening.
• Possibilities for voluntourists and Kenyan volunteers:
• Teaching mathematics, English and science.
Other Sons of Manaseh Children Trust projects are Dagoretti Dropping Centre and the Dol Dol project in Laikipia North District.
Ask Kenya Xperience! if you want more information about these projects.
Accommodation in the children’s home ( 700 shilling p.p.p.d including meals), Shade hotel (2500 shilling, B & B), Hotel Bounty (2000 shilling single room, B & B).