On request Kenya Xperience! with Wanawa will organize a Wanawa tour. Participants have a chance to visit KX! and Wanawa projects and combine it with visits to the best tourist spots in Kenya: the Maasai Mara and the beaches in Watamu.
The tour will be a varied programme of visiting projects that empower youth and women and will give you an opportunity to learn more about community development and international cooperation. You'll travel by private transport, nigh train and public transport so that you have a chance to discover Kenya in different ways
- Day 1 Arrival Nairobi, you’ll spend the night in a hotel in Nairobi
- Day 2 Nakuru, you’ll travel to Nakuru in a safari van and visit Lake Nakuru with its pink flamingo’s, rhino’s and other wild animals
- Day 3 From Nakuru you’ll the safari van will bring you to one of the most famous parks, the Masaai Mara. Maasai warriors will give you the Maasai experience! You’ll stay with the Maasai in a simple, but wonderful camp.
Day 4 Masaai Mara, you’ll spend the day in the park and the night in a luxury tented camp in the Maasai Mara.
- Day 5 In the afternoon you will visit St. Paul’s Children care Center, one of the Wanawa projects near Nairobi. In the evening you’ll catch the night train to the Coast.
Day 6 Arrival Mombasa, relax on the beach.
- Day 7 You can visit Mombasa, old town or spend the day on the beach.
- Day 8 On you way to Kilifi where you will spend the night you will isit the nursery Little Shinging Stars and the tailoring college Zawadi in Shariani, There you can meet the children and discover great skills and designs in Zawadi design products.
Day 9 In the morning you will visit Moving the Goalposts Kilifi, an organization that empowers girls through football. Learn how and why girls benefit from playing football. In the afternoon you’ll travel to Watamu.
- Day 10 In Gede/Watamu you will visit Children’s Home God Our Father, another Wanawa project.
- Day 11 If you want you can volunteer the remaining days in God our Father where you can help with child care, assist in the school or with maintenance etc. You can also decide to spend the day at Mida Ecocamp, visit the Swahili ruins in Gede, buy your souvenirs in Malindi, enjoy the birds in Arabuko Sokoke or the beach or coral reef in Watamu.
- Day 12 See day 11.
- Day 13 Flight from Mombasa or Malindi – Nairobi.